Sam Auger - Guide
Some cool facts:
- I speak fluent French and English
- I love to bird. I spent a semester bird banding in the Hilliardton Marsh
- Along with canoing flat and white water, I throughly enjoy horseback riding. Especially on my not-so-brilliant horse Kain.
- I love to cook. Sometimes I need to be barred from the kitchen :)
- I’m in an episode of Survivorman
Some notable adventures:
- 16 day white water trip down the Bloodvein River
- 12 day white water canoeing trip down the Wanapitei River from its source to its end
- A full summer of canoe trips in Manitobas Whiteshell Provincial Park
- Sea Kayaking on Georgian Bay
- Winter camping in the Great White North
List of Outdoor Certifications
- Bachelors Physical and Health Education, specialty in Outdoor Adventure Leadership
- Wilderness First Responder
- White Water Canoeing level 1
- Sea Kayaking Level 1
- Canoe tripping level 2
- Swift Water Rescue with R3
My love of adventure was fueled at a young age with my parents constantly telling me to go play outside so I would stop bugging them. This - paired with canoe trips in Temagami - was a perfect recipe for me to follow my passion of being outdoors into a full-time career.
While attending Laurentian University I worked summers leading youth on canoe trips in Algonquin, Killarney, Massassauga, and Whiteshell Park. I introduced them to the world I love and hopefully instilled an addiction to fresh air and adventure. Teaching in an outdoor setting, whether it be how to build a fire or wetland ecology, is something I aspire to share with anyone I bring into the outdoors.