Cyril Francis - Guide
Some cool facts:
- I have taken 4 4-month long trips to various places in the world by myself.
- Have a minor addiction to rock climbing
- Studied to be an engineer but have decided to follow my passions and pursue an unrelated masters
- Had a period in my life where for 6 years I didn't live in the same city for more than 4 months
- Social justice and the outdoors are my two passions
Some Notable Adventures:
- 12 day climbing trip to Kentucky
- 8 day hike in the Huayhuash range in the Andes
- 4 day Motorcycle trip in Cambodia
- 2 week climbing trip to Tonsai, Thailand
- Twice have spent over one and a half months 3300 meters above sea level
List of Outdoor Certifications
- Advanced Wilderness First Aid
The outdoors are where I belong. I graduated from Mechanical Engineering but did not like the idea of sitting behind a desk for much of my life. I have recently decided that I do, however want to continue living as a student so I will be pursuing my masters in Environmental Studies and trying to merge my two passions: Social Justice and the Outdoors. Both of these currently play a very big role in my life and I will always make time for them. Both of these areas have only become passions over the last 3 or 4 years, but I can see myself very happily working in either of these areas for a long time to come!