Brandon Kowlessar - Business Operations Manager & Guide
- Lived in 3 countries and travelled to 15 more - originally from Trinidad and Tobago.
- Loves being on the water (once it’s not too cold).
- Made it to ‘National Team’ level in 2 different sports. Competed and medaled on the world stage over 6 times.
- Can eat my bodyweight in food, maybe more.
- Started rock climbing to get over fear of heights (I wasn’t really afraid…)
A bit about...
- Favourite Animal: All but if I must choose then Orcas
- Pet Peeves: Mosquitoes and ticks and black flies and pretty much anything that bites. Did I mention mosquitoes?
- Hopes to…: become a rock climbing and mountaineering guide
- Dog/Cat person: Definitely a dog-person, not that I dislike cats or anything…
Who knew that someone accustomed to living in +30 degree weather would also love -30 degree weather? (Well more like -20 with wind-chill)
Hello, my name is Brandon and I am proud to be a guide at Overhang Adventures Inc. I came on board in 2016 and it has been nothing but amazing since then. Unlike most guides, I started out as a client.
Though I had a fair bit of camping experience under my belt, my first time camping in Canada was with Overhang. It was so impactful that I had to come back for round two, this time in winter! Believe it or not, I had even more fun and wanted to see how I could experience more of Canada. The answer - become a guide!
Not only are the places that I visit truly breath-taking but the people that I meet really make each trip one to remember. Thank you!
As guides we get to meet people from all around the world which gives us a unique opportunity to learn about a multitude of cultures all at once and give a little Canadian love and hospitality in return. When I am not guiding I try to learn even more by travelling. I have been extremely fortunate to have visited 18 countries so far and I look forward to making it 19 next year as I prepare for my 3rd Club Crew World Championships, in Hungary. My main sport is Dragon boat racing though I’ve done everything from fencing to sailing, and yes, even basketball.
A large portion of the travelling that I get to do is in association with competitions but recently I got the chance to explore the vertical world a bit more on an Ice Climbing trip to Thunder Bay, Ontario which was thoroughly spectacular. All-in-all I have had the time of my life meeting amazing clients and taking them to the coolest spots in Canada. I can’t wait to see what the future has in store.